Video has been an important part of digital marketing for years yet continues to evolve as consumer preferences and digital mediums shift. From simple talking point videos and basic animations to live streaming and new social media formats, there are now a variety of ways to utilize video within your digital marketing strategy.
According to Wyzowl’s fourth annual State of Video Marketing Survey, the average person watches more than an hour and a half of online video content per day. Additionally, video usage is rising rapidly among brands and marketers, with 81% of businesses using video as a marketing tool in 2018 (up from 63% in 2017). Of the 19% of businesses not currently using video, two thirds plan to start using video in 2018. And more importantly, 78% of marketers say video gives them a good ROI.
Now that we understand how important video is to a successful digital marketing strategy, let’s discuss some types of content your company can feature:
- Case studies/Q&A (customer reviews, quotes, expert interviews, etc.)
- Animations (cost effective, creative, educational, versatile, etc.)
- Promotional videos (overview of your company and its products/services, etc.)
- Corporate videos (event promotion, big announcements, mergers, etc.)
- Explainer videos (explain product features, before-and-after, how-to tips, etc.)
- Commercials (increase awareness, drive sales, etc.)
The important thing to remember is there’s a variety of ways to incorporate video content. If you’d like to increase sales, increase traffic and increase understanding — as most businesses do — video is a crucial tool to help you achieve those goals.
Mike Aldo, Create Media